Bonneville County is a great place to live, work, and play. Over 110,000 people call this area home. From the high desert, to fertile farmland, to forested mountain peaks, Bonneville County has a little something for everyone.
At Bonneville County Sheriff's Office, we are dedicated to preserving security and safety, and providing quality services to our community.
For those looking to get started in a law enforcement career, we strongly encourage you to apply as a Detention Deputy, especially if you are interested in Patrol. Get a head start on your retirement requirements, get access to excellent training opportunities, and be ready for when Patrol positions open up.
How it works
Step 1. Read up on our Interview Process.
Step 2. We post job openings only when the are open for applications.
Step 3. Send us your application!
Step 4. If you have any questions, please contact us.
We strive to hire only the best candidates. We can not consider any candidate who matches any of the following criteria.
- Used marijuana within the last 3 years
- Used any other illegal drug within the last 5 years (including meth, heroin, cocaine, etc)
- Sold, transported, or manufactured any illegal drug, or associated with anyone who has
- Has any adult felony convictions
- Has any misdemeanor convictions for domestic battery, domestic violence, child abuse, or stalking
- Has any outstanding criminal probation
- Has been convicted of DUI within the last 3 years
- Has had a driver's license suspension within the last 3 years
- Has been dishonorably discharged form any US military force
- Misstating, omitting, or deliberately lying about anything during the hiring process