The interview process is designed so that we can get to know you in a way that a simple multiple choice test could never do. All applicants are given the same set of open-ended questions. This is your chance to let us know what makes you a great candidate.
Here are some things to keep in mind for a successful interview:
- Dress appropriately. Wear clean clothes, shoes.
- Groom your hair, hands, teeth, etc.
- Speak with confidence.
- Answer questions honestly, thoroughly, and succinctly.
- Speak politely and thank the interviewers for their time.
- Don't arrive late.
- Don't dress casually.
- Don't wear sunglasses or a hat.
- Don't chew gum.
- Don't slouch, swivel, or rock in your chair.
- Don't swear or use other coarse language.
- Don't ramble.
Be prepared to answer open-ended questions such as these:
- Why are you choosing a career in law enforcement?
- Why do you want to work for Bonneville County Sheriff's Office?
- What makes you a great candidate?
- What have you done to prepare yourself for this position?