The Bonneville County Sheriff's Office Driver's License Division
Bonneville County Annex
Idaho Falls, ID 83402
Phone: 208-529-1350 option #3
Mailing Address : 605 N. Capital, Idaho Falls, Idaho 83402
Hours of Operation:
- 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM - Monday thru Friday
Excludes County, State, and Federal Holidays
Many transactions can be done online by visiting https://itd.idaho.gov/itddmv/
Testing Hours and Information:
Regular Drivers License Testing:
Monday through Friday - 8:00 am - 4:00 pm (Class D & Motorcycle)
Monday through Friday - 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
What to bring?
- 1. Proof of Idaho residency;
- 2. Proof of age and identity;
- 3. Social Security Card
DRIVERS MANUALS: click HERE
Idaho Transportation Department (ITD) Division of Motor Vehicles &
Driver Services Phone Number: (208) 334-8735
ITD DMV and Driver Services website: click HERE
Use the STAR TOOL: click HERE
Idaho's driver's licenses & ID cards
- Plastic cards are produced at a secure, central facility and mailed to the customer within 3 weeks. The card is mailed in an unmarked envelope, much the same way credit cards or passports are mailed.
- Applicants leave the county driver licensing office with a temporary card, valid for 60 days. This temporary card is printed on special security paper with a black and white digital image.
- Current Idaho licenses and ID cards remain valid until it is time to renew.
- Drivers' License cards incorporate numerous security features, including micro-printing, ghost images and a laser-perforated pattern that reveals the shape of Idaho when held to the light.
The temporary document
- A temporary driver's license or identification card will be issued to use for identification and driving purposes until the plastic card is mailed in approximately 3 weeks. If you not receive your card after this time period please call 208-334-8735.
- The temporary document contains a photo and all of the information that is contained on the plastic card, including the machine-readable barcode.
- It is printed on security paper, which contains ultra-violet (UV) fibers throughout. These fibers can be easily detected under a UV light source. The paper's reverse side features the Idaho state seal, and is color-washed with thermochromatic ink that temporarily turns white when warmed by the touch.
- When the plastic card arrives in the mail, the temporary document should be destroyed.
Means driver's licenses and identification (ID) cards will be produced at a central, secure location and then mailed to you. You will receive a temporary license or identification card; the new card will be sent to your mailing address in approximately 3 weeks.