The Bonneville County Sheriff’s Office is currently accepting applications! In order to join the Sheriff’s Office, applicants are required to complete a number of steps in the hiring process. The steps vary according to classifications and can include a physical agility test, civil and/or departmental interviews, and a background investigation. For more information, please contact our Recruiting Office at 208-529-1375.
If you are looking to talk to someone about the testing and hiring process for the jail or law enforcement, fill out the form here.
If you are looking to schedule a Ride-Along, take a tour of our facilities, or meet our team, fill out the form here.
We are searching for candidates with a strong desire to serve the community and make a difference. To accomplish that goal, we CANNOT consider candidates who match any of the following criteria:
- Use of marijuana in ANY form within the last year.
- Use any other illegal drug within the last 5 years (including meth, heroin, cocaine, fentanyl, etc.).
- Candidates who have sold, transported, or manufactured any illegal drug, or associated with anyone who has.
- Criminal history with adult Felony convictions.
- Criminal history of Misdemeanor convictions for Domestic Battery, Domestic Violence, Child Abuse, or Stalking.
- Candidtaes who are actively on Criminal Probation.
- Any Driving Under the Influence (DUI) conviction within the last 3 years.
- Suspension of Driving Privileges within the last 3 years.
- Candidates who have been dishonorably discharged from the US military.
- Candidates who misstate, omit, or deliberately lie about anything during the hiring process.
Would you like to talk to someone about the testing and hiring process for BCSO? Want to schedule a ride-along, take a tour of our facilities or meet our team?
Fill out the form below and we will be in touch. We are excited to meet you and set you up with your request.