click HERE to make an appointment
——-NOTE: We do NOT make appointments for Drivers Testing———-
All scheduled appointments have a 5-minute grace period, failure to check in during that time will result in your appointment being canceled. Please enter the Drivers License area and sit in the chairs marked “CUSTOMER APPOINTMENT SEATING”
Please DO NOT bring other family members with you to appointments
Hours of Operation: (avoid the line – make an appointment HERE)
- 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM – Monday thru Friday
- for Walk-in and Testing transactions
- Excludes County, State, and Federal Holidays
Bonneville County Annex
- Idaho Falls, ID 83402
Phone: 208-529-1350 option #3
- Mailing Address: 605 N. Capital, Idaho Falls, Idaho 83402
Many transactions can be done online by visiting https://itd.idaho.gov/itddmv/
- DRIVERS MANUALS: click HERE
- Idaho Transportation Department (ITD) Division of Motor Vehicles &Driver Services Phone Number: (208) 334-8735
- ITD DMV and Driver Services website: click HERE
- Use the STAR TOOL: click HERE
DID YOU KNOW?
Drivers License Renewal
- You can renew your drivers license up to 25 months before it expires
- Renewing early doesn’t affect your license expiration date, so you can save yourself some time by planning well ahead of the expiration date
- If you plan on changing your name, you MUST change it with the Social Security Administration Office FIRST before you can renew your license – details HERE
Idaho’s driver’s licenses & ID cards
- Plastic cards are produced at a secure, central facility and mailed to the customer within 3 weeks. The card is mailed in an unmarked envelope, much the same way credit cards or passports are mailed.
- Applicants leave the county driver licensing office with a temporary card, valid for 60 days. This temporary card is printed on special security paper with a black and white digital image.
- Current Idaho licenses and ID cards remain valid until it is time to renew.
- Drivers’ License cards incorporate numerous security features, including micro-printing, ghost images and a laser-perforated pattern that reveals the shape of Idaho when held to the light.
The temporary document
- A temporary driver’s license or identification card will be issued to use for identification and driving purposes until the plastic card is mailed in approximately 3 weeks. If you not receive your card after this time period please call 208-334-8735.
- The temporary document contains a photo and all of the information that is contained on the plastic card, including the machine-readable barcode.
- It is printed on security paper, which contains ultra-violet (UV) fibers throughout. These fibers can be easily detected under a UV light source. The paper’s reverse side features the Idaho state seal, and is color-washed with thermochromatic ink that temporarily turns white when warmed by the touch.
- When the plastic card arrives in the mail, the temporary document should be destroyed.
- Means driver’s licenses and identification (ID) cards will be produced at a central, secure location and then mailed to you. You will receive a temporary license or identification card; the new card will be sent to your mailing address in approximately 3 weeks.